BftP: Alice isn't here.

| Monday, October 5, 2009
Yet another poem from my youth. My youth being approximately four years ago.

***

My name is Alice.
This is not who I am.

My fingertips taste of ash
75,624 cigarette drags
pulled through a berry-stained mouth

the smoke curls off my tongue
my face is veiled.

My name is Alice.
This is not who I am.

I wear mirrored sunglasses indoors
sip pale liquor from a cracked tumbler
the half-there ice clinks as I move

my eyes are hazel flecked with gold
but you’ll never know it.

My name is Alice.
This is not who I am.

I am sometimes lost
behind smoky curls, thick and soft
my lips will brush you neck as I whisper

and I will make you my last
impatiently tapping my chipped nail on the bar.

My name is Alice.
This is not who I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius