still truckin'.

| Wednesday, November 4, 2009
*breathes into a paper bag*

Closing in on 9K words now for NaNo, and still some weird combination of giddy and nervous. Much to my surprise, the words are coming fairly easily. So far, anyway... knock on wood. Having my key points hammered out before diving in is definitely helping - I have goals to aim for! Huzzah!

Of course, the fact that the writing is coming easily enough is freaking me out anyway. WHY IS IT SO EASY? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HARD! A STRUGGLE! IT'S ALL JUNK! AAAARGH! And then I snap out of it and realize that I'm not writing a finished opus and I'm going to have to revise the bajeezus out of it anyway, and I chillax.

The whole process is dizzying. I've started writing novels before, but I've never finished one. Well, there was that horrible 25-page vampire novella I wrote when I was 13, but I'm trying to forget it exists. Finishing a book always seemed too daunting and huge, and I tried letting the writing guide me, but it didn't wanna. I guess this is me discovering that I work better with an outline, eh? Awesome.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius