i started young.

| Monday, January 25, 2010
Today's Tune: Mariella

This weekend, I spent some time with my mother. She's planning a move soon, and she wanted me to go through a few old boxes of my childhood keepsakes and decide what I wanted to keep. As I was pawing through my old swim team ribbons, Principle's Awards, and awkward photos, I found a little bound book.

I had one of those "AH HA!" moments where something you've completely forgotten about comes rushing back to you. I remembered that cover! I opened it, and sure enough, there was a story I'd written in about the fourth grade (age 9) when my teacher had a unit for writing and binding our own books.

So I read through the story, chuckling to myself (I had illustrated this book, as well), and then I got to the end, where I had written an "author bio." It gave my age, my likes and dislikes, and at the very end, it said, "This is Stephanie's fourth book."

Oh, I just died laughing. How cheeky was I? I dug back through the box again to find my four previous "books" and read them all.

Clearly, this was destiny.

4 comments:

{ KarenG } at: January 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM said...

Omigosh that is so cute!

{ Whirlochre } at: January 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM said...

I have quite a selection of such memorabilia — plus clear memeories of other stuff I threw away. For the life of me I don't know why I threw that stuff away.

{ maybe genius } at: January 26, 2010 at 7:53 AM said...

Karen - Haha, thanks :D

Whirl - I'm sure there's plenty that I tossed out of embarrassment at the time, as well... sad!

{ aliya seen } at: May 3, 2017 at 1:24 AM said...

writing a short biography are incredibly friendly and flexible so that you can add the details or make the modifications considering your papers and discuss the elements of your bio with them until you’re 100% happy with the results.

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius