in dreams 2.0

| Sunday, January 10, 2010
Today's Tune: A Favor House Atlantic

My brain is apparently working overtime with the idea-churning these days. I had another strangely story-like dream the other night.

The gist: a young woman who has never done anything wrong in her life finds herself being sent to reform school. The school, called the School of Saint and Sin, is intended to rehabilitate kids that are "too good" or "too bad" into something a little more balanced. The girl is nervous and scared, being stared down by the "bad" kids. She's wondering what she's doing here. At last she manages to find a friendly face - a young man with a biology book who walks her to her first class. The teacher introduces himself as an anarchist. Fin.

I like it.

3 comments:

{ Karen Jones Gowen } at: January 10, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

Hi! I came over to check out your blog from Nicola's. You and I seem to have started blogging about the same time...Nice to meet you! I like your posts. My favorite writing blogs are the ones that chronicle the writerly journey (like mine lol). I added myself as a follower here and look forward to reading more of your posts!

{ Jemi Fraser } at: January 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM said...

Hi Steph - I followed you back over :)

I like the school idea - could make a great book!

I've become a follower as well.

{ Whirlochre } at: January 12, 2010 at 2:37 AM said...

I've always wondered how you introduce yourself as an anarchist.

"I'm Whirl, btw — and sorry I set fire to your pants..."

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius