dot dot dot.

| Sunday, February 7, 2010
Today's Tune: Home

I've been having a burnout sort of weekend, so today I'm going to be lazy and piggyback on another blogger's entry from LitDrift: young writers, lay those bricks.

I can relate. I often have the mental block of not wanting to suck - of wanting everything that flows from my fingers to be deep and meaningful and awesome from the start. Which, of course, it can't be if I don't practice.

I'm slowly but surely getting over it. I completed a short story yesterday (yay!).

2 comments:

{ Shelley Sly } at: February 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

Hey there. :) I stumbled upon your blog from somewhere else (Evil Editor, maybe? To be honest, I get lost as I lurk...) and I read the article you linked. Thank you for posting that. I'm also a 20-something-year-old writer, and I definitely have those tendencies to aim for the very highest when it comes to my writing, instead of learning from my work. I'm glad I found your blog.

Also, I love Phoenix Wright too. ;) But I never got the chance to finish the third game. I should fix that.

{ maybe genius } at: February 8, 2010 at 1:08 PM said...

Hi Shelly! Thanks for stopping by :)

Phoenix Wright is just great, isn't it? I haven't played in a while...

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius