many thank yous.

| Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Today's Tune: Portions for Foxes

Nathan Bransford declared today Writing Significant Other/Friend/Family Appreciation Day, which I think is a wonderful idea. So wonderful, in fact, that I'm dedicating a post to my thank yous ;)

I'm a very lucky lady, I think. I have always had a built-in support network for my writing - people who have told me I have talent, and who have fostered and encouraged it. It's one of the most important things that has shaped me into who I am. And so...

To my Parents: Thank you for forever supporting me in everything I do and encouraging my creativity. Thank you for never trying to direct me on a specific career path, for never stifling me, and for letting me find my own way. Thank you for bragging to all your friends about me. Thank you for art.

To my Significant Other: Thank you for being the fire under my butt. Thank you for believing in my greatness while also bringing in the reality checks. Thank you for telling me to get off the Internet and WRITE, DAMNIT. Thank you for kisses, and love, and promises to move to the tropics once we've both made our millions, even if it's just a dream.

To all the friends who read my stuff and write alongside me: Thanks for giving me faith in my ability. Thanks for sharing my pain. Thanks for support, and encouragement, and laughter, and imagination. Thanks for helping me grow as a person and a writer.

To my Professors: Thank you for not letting me get away with sub-par writing. Thank you for making me gnash my teeth over Derrida and Woolf and worry for the first time in my life that I might FLUNK AN ENGLISH COURSE, and then giving me an A. Thank you for turning something that had always come easily to me into a challenge. Thank you for teaching me.

To Everyone Who Reads My Blog: Thanks for coming on this journey with me :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius