sunday ramblings.

| Sunday, February 28, 2010
Today's Tune: Blood Red Summer

Oy. What is it about weekends that completely drains my will to blog? Hrmph.

Well, as you can plainly see by my sidebar, I did not meet my goal of finishing the first draft of my novel this month. Not unless I can bang out something like 15,000 words in the next 24 hours. Not impossible, but unlikely. Sigh.

On a better note, I've been revising my short story quite a bit, and I think it's almost ready to start submitting to magazines. After this one's ready, I hope to write a few more short story ideas I have floating around in my brain, as well. Then on to submitting! This is going to be sort of a test for myself to see if I can actually handle this submit and rejection thing. *nervous*

I joined the SCBWI recently, and I'd definitely recommend it for anyone that's writing children's, middle-grade, or young adult. The publication guide they send out is very helpful. It has a great big list of lit mags to submit your stuff to, which is awesome because I've been having a hard time finding magazines that will accept YA short stories that will also accept from adults (a lot of teen lit mags only accept material from people aged 12-23).

I want to end today by mentioning if you'd like to send any financial aid for Chile, I'd recommend the Red Cross. Their funds are also being funneled into Haiti, which is still under dire straits in their relief efforts. Please donate if you can!

Now back to editing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius