happy friday.

| Friday, March 26, 2010
Today's Tune: Black Horse and the Cherry Tree

Awards day! Yay! It's been a good week for awards/contests for me. Not only was I given two awards by the lovely Christi at A Torch in the Tempest and Lindsey at Dangerous With a Pen, but I won a contest for a signed book over at Aprilynne Pike's blog! This week is awesome.

First, I'll post my award from Christi:



I like it. I am definitely a looks-for-the-silver-lining sort of person, even when it's super hard to find.

And here's the award I received from Lindsey:



For this one, I'm supposed to tell you six lies and one truth, and you guess which is true! Here we go.

1.) I was literally born with a broken heart. They had to do emergency surgery just after I was born to repair a ventricle that wasn't quite fully formed. I'm fine now!

2.) I have owned a pet hedgehog named Chewbacca. My mom wanted me to name him Dostoevsky, but I declined.

3.) At one point, my dad was Mr. T's golf partner. He lives in our hometown.

4.) I studied in France for one year while I was still figuring out what the heck I wanted to do. My French is still terrible.

5.) I have a paralyzing fear of dogs. If one comes near me, I can barely breathe and have to leave the vicinity. Sorry, doggies.

6.) I'm allergic to chocolate. Worst. Allergy. Ever. I have to eat carob :(

7.) I used to be a serious ballerina. I competed and was going to go to an academy and everything. But! I was too short/stocky. And my turnout was horrible.

There you have it! Can you spot the truth amid the lies?

I've lost track of who's already done these and who hasn't, so... if you haven't picked them up yet, feel free to nab them! :D

Happy Friday, all.

8 comments:

{ Shelley Sly } at: March 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM said...

Ooh, interesting list! I'm going to guess #1, but I kind of hope #3 is the truth because, man, it's Mr. T!

{ JustineDell } at: March 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM said...

Man, those are hard ones. I like the one about Chewbacca, that's the name of my little black pom.

I'm going to guess number #1. And if so, you're a strong girl!

~JD

{ Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess } at: March 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM said...

Guessing #1!

these can be so much fun!

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

{ fairyhedgehog } at: March 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM said...

We all seem to be guessing #1!

You deserve these awards. Your blog is always so lively and interesting.

{ Wendy Ramer } at: March 26, 2010 at 11:03 AM said...

Hard to guess what's true about a complete stranger, but since I think number 1 makes for a great story, I'll pick it. My second choice is number 6 b/c it was true for me as a child, and I know how much it sucks.

{ Christi Goddard } at: March 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM said...

I've decided number 4.

{ Dangerous With a Pen } at: March 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM said...

Fun! They all sound like they could be real. I'm going to guess.... hmm... #3. Cause who can't use a little Mr. T. in their lives!

{ prashant } at: May 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM said...

I like the one about Chewbacca, that's the name of my little black pom.
data entry india

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius