let the truth be known.

| Monday, March 29, 2010
Today's Tune: Floating Vibes

Oh, yay, Monday. Was is it about Monday's that makes them the bane of a 9-5ers' existence? Oh, right. The back to work thing. Grumble.

Before I get into revealing my 6-lies-1-truth from my last post, I'm going to give a shout-out to Livia Blackburne and her Alternate Version Blogfest! It's set to take place on April Fool's Day, and seems like a fun way to stretch your writing muscles in a way they don't normally stretch. Premise: take a scene from one of your current works, and post it alongside an alternate version written in a different style, or voice, or genre! In Livia's example, she rewrote a scene from her YA fantasy as a steamy romance. Fun!

Okay, now here is the truth behind the lies. You were all wrong, neener neener :)

1.) I was literally born with a broken heart. They had to do emergency surgery just after I was born to repair a ventricle that wasn't quite fully formed. I'm fine now!

This one got a lot of votes! Sadly (or... not so sadly?), it's a lie. I was born perfectly healthy. But my father was the obstetrician that delivered me!

2.) I have owned a pet hedgehog named Chewbacca. My mom wanted me to name him Dostoevsky, but I declined.

TRUTH! I really did have a hedgehog named Chewbacca (Chewie). He unfortunately passed away last year, and I miss him a lot.



3.) At one point, my dad was Mr. T's golf partner. He lives in our hometown.

Awesome, but not true. Although Mr. T's son was in my brother's graduating class and we saw him at the graduation, so the part about him being from my hometown is true :)

4.) I studied in France for one year while I was still figuring out what the heck I wanted to do. My French is still terrible.

Not true at all, though I wish it were. I never really wanted to go to France very much until I swung by Southern France on the tail end of a Mediterranean cruise, and it is just stunningly, amazingly beautiful. And the French are not nearly as snooty as we're led to believe.

5.) I have a paralyzing fear of dogs. If one comes near me, I can barely breathe and have to leave the vicinity. Sorry, doggies.

Nope! I love dogs! Not as much as I love cats, but I still hope to have one someday.

6.) I'm allergic to chocolate. Worst. Allergy. Ever. I have to eat carob :(

Man, how sad would this be? Thankfully, not my allergy. I'm allergic to shellfish something fierce, though.

7.) I used to be a serious ballerina. I competed and was going to go to an academy and everything. But! I was too short/stocky. And my turnout was horrible.


Well, I did take ballet lessons for a short time, but I was never a "serious" dancer.

Ta daaaaaa!

7 comments:

{ Wendy Ramer } at: March 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM said...

I had picked number 1. Glad to know your heart is fine and sorry to hear about your hedgehog :-(

{ JustineDell } at: March 29, 2010 at 8:50 AM said...

Darn it! Oh well, I like the one about the hedgehog. Sorry to hear about yours. I've always wanted one, but I've read they are nocturnal and I think that would drive me nuts.

~JD

{ Livia } at: March 29, 2010 at 1:57 PM said...

Thanks for the shoutout! Looking forward to the blogfest!

{ Tahereh } at: March 30, 2010 at 2:02 PM said...

oh how cute is that hedgehog?!?!

fun post!! hehe

{ Paul } at: March 30, 2010 at 3:33 PM said...

I picked #2.

Congratulations on your awards.

{ Shelley Sly } at: March 30, 2010 at 4:15 PM said...

Awww your hedgehog was so cute. I'm sorry to hear about poor Chewie. :(

{ prashant } at: May 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM said...

Looking forward to the blogfest!
data entry india

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius