followers, crow toes, and conferences.

| Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Today's Tune - Single Ladies (Cover)

Woo, there is some craziness going on in my life right now. Robot Boyfriend (note: not actually a robot) and I went up to Wisconsin and Chicago this weekend, and are planning to do Chicago again next weekend, amid all our SUPER FUN packing and errands and such while we prepare for the big move. Ch-ch-ch-changes oOoOoOoOoOoOo.

I just have a few tidbit updates for you to snack on today, but first I wanted to say hello to my new followers! Hello to to my old followers as well. Hello to followers past and present, and those who are yet to be. Or something. Special thanks and hello to olleymae, who is my 50th (!!!) follower. A flourished bow in your direction, friend!

So, tidbits:

If you're looking for a "darker" themed literary magazine for children and teens, you should check out Crow Toes Quarterly, a Canadian magazine that prides itself on showcasing the edgier, quirkier side of children's and YA lit. It's sort of a darker Cricket. It's primarily aimed at kiddos in the 9-12 range, so they don't really take "mature content" YA, but they do consider creepy/monster/quirky stuff.

If you write children's, middle grade or young adult literature, you've probably heard of the SCBWI. If you haven't, check it out pronto, and if you have the means, become a member! It's a wonderfully helpful organization. They send out publication guides, lists of magazines that are paying for children's literature, information about local branches you can hook up with, and all that good stuff. I believe it's $80 to join.

SCBWI is having their annual Summer Conference in L.A. July 30th - August 2nd this year, and again, if you have the means, you should make the trip! It's pricey, but I'm planning on doing it this year. I've been saving for it :) So, if you're going, let me know and maybe we can meet up and share writing woes and joys! It'll be a big bag of rad.

That's all I've got for today, except for the Guest Post I did for Justine Dell over on her blog, which you should definitely check out. Check out my post, I mean, because I'm sort of vain, but also Justine's blog because she's superb.

Till next time!

8 comments:

{ ~Nicole Ducleroir~ } at: April 20, 2010 at 7:14 AM said...

Hi Steph! I enjoyed your post over on Justine's blog. Your insights into YA Romance made for a great read. Thanks!

Hope you have a great day :)

{ KarenG } at: April 20, 2010 at 7:41 AM said...

Good luck with that move! I know how crazy they can be! I'll go check out your guest post at Justine's blog. And congrats on hitting 50!!

{ Matthew Rush } at: April 20, 2010 at 7:52 AM said...

Congrats on the followers and best of luck with the move.

I also really enjoyed your post over at Justine's blog. Thanks for making me think!

{ Mary McDonald } at: April 20, 2010 at 8:02 AM said...

Wow, you must have driven right past me! I was working just off I94 in Kenosha. lol

{ Lenny } at: April 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM said...

hi miss stephy! i went to that scbwi page and wow its a real neat place. its real nice that youre going to california. i went right over it one time on an airplane. i hope you get there safe and like it lots. hugs from lenny

{ Shelley Sly } at: April 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM said...

Really liked your post on Justine's blog today. Nice job!

{ Kay } at: April 22, 2010 at 7:24 AM said...

Hey, Steph! It's me, Kay, from Nathan's forums.

Just saw your post about SCBWI. I am so going to the SCBWI conference this summer! We will have to meet up!

Also, noticed you're reading WAKE. Awesome book, loved it. FADE and GONE are pretty good too, but WAKE rocked my world.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi, see how things are going.

Kay

{ Kay } at: April 22, 2010 at 7:52 AM said...

Oops! Almost forgot to tell you. If you find you like WAKE, Michael Bourrett (her agent, he's with Dystel and Goderich Literary) is gonna be at the SCBWI Summer Conference.

You probably already knew that, but I had intended to include it in my last post (just in case). I realized it when I reviewed my latest blog post talking about the summer conferences I'll be attending.

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius