hiatus due to very slight insanity.

| Saturday, April 24, 2010
Today's Tune: I Love the Rain the Most

So, I guess it's about that time. Time for this blog to officially go on hiatus for the duration of my move to CA, I mean. I've been packing and tying up all those fun pre-move loose ends this week, and I leave for my three-day drive on Wednesday. JOYS OF ADULTHOOD, HUZZAH!

But of course, it will all be worth it in the end. I'm going back to the place that's always felt like home, I'm taking my love with me, and I couldn't be more excited. In a little more than a week, I will once again be but an hour from a beach. Granted it's a beach known for its Great White Shark population, but details, details. I'll find a different place to surf.

All righty! I suppose this is a tentative farewell until we meet again, my dear blogger friends. "Again" will probably be in the vicinity of two weeks from now, after my internet connection is all set up and I'm settled in. Also after I wake from my Mexican food and seafood coma.

In the meantime, you should definitely head over to Simon's blog and participate in his contest extraordinaire! You could win a squirrel. Or vodka. Your attention is piqued, right? Go on!

Ta ta for now, dudes and dudettes :)

9 comments:

{ fairyhedgehog } at: April 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM said...

Good Luck! I hope it all goes smoothly!

{ Carolina Valdez Miller } at: April 24, 2010 at 8:15 AM said...

Good luck with the move! And, um, with the sharks.

{ KarenG } at: April 24, 2010 at 8:45 AM said...

Which beach? Enjoy your blogging break and enjoy sunny SoCal!

{ Wendy Ramer } at: April 24, 2010 at 10:22 AM said...

Be safe. We'll still be here when you come back ;-)

{ Christi Goddard } at: April 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM said...

See you soon!

{ Kay } at: April 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM said...

Great Whites. Mexican and Seafood. I'm going to guess....Monterey, California.

Am I right?

If I am, then I am SOOOO inviting myself to come visit you. Monterey is my most favoritest place in the world. Well, I've only been to a few places in the US and Mexico. But of all the places I've been, Monterey, CA is da' bestest!!

Cannery Row.

Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Pebble Beach.

17-Mile Drive.

Point Lobos.

Carmel.

The list is never-ending for me. But even if it's not Monterey, and you're moving to some other shark-infested California seaside town, I am still very happy for you. CA is awesome!!

K

{ Simon C. Larter } at: April 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM said...

Hahaa! Blog contest pimpage! Wheeee!

Thanks, good lady. And good luck with the move. When you go to the beach next time, tell Janet Reid I said hi.

:)

{ jason evans } at: April 26, 2010 at 5:13 AM said...

Try not to let the insanity drive you crazy. ;)

{ Shelley Sly } at: April 27, 2010 at 3:39 PM said...

Good luck with moving, and I hope everything goes the best it can! I'll be taking a similar hiatus in June, so I know how busy it is. See you back here whenever you return!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius