love and warts.

| Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Anger and hurt dripped off my face like raw egg.

“I can’t believe you’re being this way,” I said. “You’re supposed to be my best friend.”

Kira’s eyes were so wide they were practically falling out of her head. “I am! But you have got to be kidding me with this. It’s just BEYOND, Melissa!”

I had revealed my secret to the one person I could trust most in the world, and she was freaking out. How could I tell my PARENTS?

Heat flooded my body. “You’re such a freaking hypocrite. I was totally open-minded when you were seeing that guy with the Muppet Babies tattoo.”

She jabbed her finger toward the place Rodney stood behind me. “HE’S A TOAD, MEL.”

“Just because you don’t understand our love doesn’t mean you can insult him to my face!”

“Are you serious? He. Is. LITERALLY. A TOAD.”

I slipped my hand into Rodney’s webbed paw. “He’s half-amphibian, you jerk.”

“Whatever. I’m out of here.” She practically bolted out the door.

I turned to Rodney and put my hand to his dry, warty cheek. We kissed. He tasted like swamp water and bubblemint.

“I guess it’s just you and me, babe,” I whispered.

“Rrrrr rrrrr rrrribbit,” Rodney said.

“I love you, too.”

***

You have just witnessed my entry for Kay's 20 followers contest. It's one of the five finalists (YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH). She's posting them this weekend, or so I hear! HINT HINT. GO FOLLOW HER OR SOMETHING.

4 comments:

{ Matthew Rush } at: June 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM said...

Very interesting ... totally unique.

{ fairyhedgehog } at: July 1, 2010 at 9:55 AM said...

Wow!

Have you read Pratchett's Witches Abroad? This reminded me of it a little.

Very, very unusual approach.

{ maybe genius } at: July 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM said...

Thank you both :D

fairy - I actually haven't! I might have to go check it out.

{ aspiring_x } at: July 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM said...

thoroughly entertaining!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius