once again, VICTORY IS MINE.

| Monday, July 19, 2010
Today's Tune: Landmines

First, an announcement:

I FINISHED MY DRAFT OH GLORIOUS AND HAPPY DAY OF REJOICEMENT AND FAERIE CHOIRS AND SPARKLY, SPARKLY JOY.



This manuscript gave me quite the run for my cash-monies, let me tell you. I suffered a case of Am I Crazies, a touch of Demotivation, and a fair amount of Bogged Down In Detail. At the end, I just had to do what ALL THE ADVICE EVERYWHERE EVER says: just write. Ignore the voice in your head that tells you it has to be perfect the first time, and just keep pushing through it.

A hard lesson for a perfectionist, I tell you what.

But now! I can finally stop looking pitifully at my little word counter, and relish in the fact that IT IS DONE. And now I can proudly say that I am EDITING my novel. Not writing it! Editing it! YAY!

That's right, TTTH. You have been a difficult partner with your naysaying, but I showed you!


HA.

Okay, I'm done gloating. For now.

I also have a pair of contest announcements! If you haven't participated in one of The Clarity of Night's much-loved short fiction contests, then GET OVER THERE! His 13th contest begins today. You'll have 10 days to write a 250-word flash fiction based on a photo prompt.

I entered his last contest and made the Forties Club, which is no easy feat. These contests bring out talent in droves. So much fun, so much fiction to read and enjoy, and awesome prizes. If you want to sharpen your writing chops among some really incredible and classy folks, you should absolutely participate.

Also. ALSO! Simon over at Constant Revision is holding a contest for some random books he had laying around or something. But seriously, copy of the 2010 Writer's Market? Worth it.

As for me, I'm going to start EDITING MY NOVEL EEEEEEEEE.

So excited.

10 comments:

{ Emily White } at: July 19, 2010 at 8:05 AM said...

Editing is so much fun! With each page done, you are that much closer to having a perfectly polished manuscript! Ooh...sparkly.

{ Bossy Betty } at: July 19, 2010 at 8:20 AM said...

Congrats! Have fun editing!!!

{ KarenG } at: July 19, 2010 at 8:35 AM said...

Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling, and enjoy the editing!

{ jjdebenedictis } at: July 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM said...

WE BOOGIE DOWN IN SUPPORTIVE HAPPINESS!

*boogies*

In other words, congratulations! Getting the first draft done is such a great feeling. Good luck with your edits!

{ aspiring_x } at: July 19, 2010 at 10:38 AM said...

Hooray Maybe!!!
I wish you well in the editing process!

{ maybe genius } at: July 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM said...

Thanks dudes!! I am very much looking forward to it :D

{ Shelley Sly } at: July 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM said...

Congratulations! Ah, the amazing feeling of a finished MS! Enjoy it -- and have fun editing!

{ Keri } at: July 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM said...

Congrats! Have a good time editing. I need to go get stuck into my first draft so that I can aim to do the same at some stage.♥

{ Matthew Rush } at: July 20, 2010 at 9:20 AM said...

Great news! Congrats Stephanie.

{ owlandsparrow } at: July 27, 2010 at 4:33 PM said...

That's awesome! Congratulations - can't wait to hear how the revisions go! :)

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius