reading, reading, reading.

| Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Today's Tune: Connect / Disconnect

This week, I read Struts & Frets by Jon Skovron. I had won a signed copy in a contest held by the lovely Aprilynne Pike a while back, so it's been on my to-read pile for a long time.

It was an enjoyable, fast read. Definitely a haven for indie music nerds. I enjoyed the characters a lot. I thought Mr. Skovron did a great job of creating varied characters with quirks and fun personalities, and he did so without going overboard. Even minor characters had fleshed out habits and motives. It was a good character study - I'd recommend it for that alone.

I've also been reading Shiver by Maggie Steifvater, which I'm sure you've all heard of by now. She has a sequel out or something? ;) It's an interesting read. She's very talented - the imagery she uses is just beautiful.

So, you can see I've been reading an awful lot. It's also my goal for the week to finish my draft of Tick-Tock Hearts. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

{ fairyhedgehog } at: July 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM said...

Good luck with finishing the draft!

{ Emily White } at: July 14, 2010 at 8:50 AM said...

Good luck! I just discovered Aprilynne Pike last week (I know, I know) and ordered Wings. Why, oh why must shipping take so many days?!

{ KarenG } at: July 14, 2010 at 10:50 AM said...

When I read I don't write & when I write I don't read. So I've been writing, not reading, which i guess is good too. Isn't it fun to win books?!

{ jjdebenedictis } at: July 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM said...

Good luck!

(Summer is totes the time for reading yummy books.)

{ Theresa Milstein } at: July 14, 2010 at 12:59 PM said...

I liked Shiver too, and I'll read the sequel, Linger.

I should be reading now instead of blogging. Or ironing - I should get back to that.

{ aspiring_x } at: July 14, 2010 at 6:47 PM said...

good luck! *crosses fingers and spins around thrice*

{ Kay } at: July 15, 2010 at 7:01 PM said...

Glad you're enjoying SHIVER!! :-)

Just posted an interview with literary agent James Fitzgerald on my blog -- his story about at San Francisco cabbie he met and signed is freaking hilarious! He also offers some great advice that I think is really helpful for writers.

Check it out when you have time, feel free to share with your readers (I think the cabbie story is pretty entertaining in and of itself):

http://www.kayemevans.com/blog/?p=180

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius