wip update.

| Friday, July 9, 2010
Today's Tune: Do You Wanna Date My Avatar

Wow, I've really made a habit of posting bits of fiction for the past week, eh? Thanks to everyone who commented. It gave me a happy.

No fiction today, unfortunately. But! I do have a status update on my WIP. I'm on the cusp of my final scene, and it's a doozy. It's very powerful in my head, and now I'm trying to organize how I'd like it to play out.

AND THEN I'LL GET TO DO THE WHOLE THING ALL OVER AGAIN YAY.

But anyway. I'm excited to be so close. When I had the idea for this novel, I knew it was good, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off. I was so afraid that I'd get to the end and go, "UGH SO TERRIBLE." But I'm not. I'm actually really, really pleased with this story. Sure, it's not done and there are several points I'm going to have to revisit - characters I added later in the manuscript, plot twists that were way over the top, lots and lots and LOTS of fluff - but I'm confident I can make it function. Maybe even make it publishable.

O_O

Okay, I'm not very exciting today, so here's an episode of The Guild for you to enjoy. It's extra funny if you've ever played an MMO and/or RPG.

I have an entry planned for Monday regarding science fiction and why it is effing cool and not some nerdy thing for superbrains only, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

{ Emily White } at: July 9, 2010 at 8:50 AM said...

That episode of The Guild was funny! And oh so creepy.

And yay for being on the last scene! I'm working on the edits for my last scene and it's just as fun as writing it the first time.

{ Theresa Milstein } at: July 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM said...

On the cusp of your final scene? How exciting! It's such a good feeling to be near the end, isn't it?

I'll be back next week to see your excerpt.

{ Angela A } at: July 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

Hey, just stumbled on your b log, and I heart it big time :)

{ aspiring_x } at: July 9, 2010 at 6:12 PM said...

hooray! you are so so so close!keep it up! :)

{ maybe genius } at: July 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM said...

@ Emily - Yeah, he's kind of a creeper, isn't he? Ha. I'm glad your scene is keeping its sparkle for you, that's great!

@ Theresa - Very exciting! I wasn't sure I'd be able to milk even 50K words out of this when I started. It's pretty amazing.

@ Angela - Yay! Thank you for stopping by :D

@ aspiring_x - Thanks for the encouragement!

{ Lia Victoria } at: July 9, 2010 at 11:40 PM said...

Hey, congratulations on being close to finishing! That's huge :D

...*scurries off to go write my last 10k*

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius