it's that friday time again.

| Friday, September 10, 2010
Today's Tune: How Far We've Come

Hello, blogger man-friends and lady-friends! I hope this Friday finds you well.

FIRST! I totally joined inkpop. I mentioned it months and months ago, along with my skepticism about its success. My hesitancy about the "contest" elements still stands. Because, after all, people are inherently selfish. They want things for themselves, and sometimes for their friends, so votes ("picks") are occasionally traded, the good is passed over for the popular, and blah blah blah.

BUT. There is some serious talent over there. The site is far and away geared toward teenagers, and man. Some of the writers over there? Extraordinary talent. Strong writing. And a lot of it even makes it to the top picks. It's pretty incredible. And I love love love that these teen writers have this outlet. They're starting young, they're finding their voice among peers, and it is. So. Awesome.

SECOND! So I recently discovered the VlogBrothers, and you need to subscribe to their channel. Like, yesterday. John Green (who you've probably heard of if you follow YA literature AT ALL) and Hank Green film back and forth videos to one another about everything. I realize that I am probably waaaaaay behind the times on this, but I'm excited about my new discovery so SUCK IT LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT. And go watch their videos because they make the whole of my being happy.

THIRD! I received a very sweet message from a reader who said she occasionally lurked on my blog. She read my Red Riding Hood, P.I. story and mentioned that she really enjoyed it and would like to read anything else I've written. AndThisTotallyMadeMyDay. Seriously. Is there anything better for a writer than hearing from someone who liked what you wrote? It's like crack. NEED MOAR.

OKAY, that's all I have for you today. I'm sure you were tired of my random capitalization anyway. Have a wonderful Friday! Or possibly Saturday if you're in one of those timezones that is across the world from me.

LOVE.

10 comments:

{ Elena Solodow } at: September 10, 2010 at 9:00 AM said...

THANKS FOR THE LINKS.

OH CRAP. I THINK YOUR CAPITALS ARE CONTAGIOUS. I'LL BE LEAVING NOW. THANK YOU!

{ Old Kitty } at: September 10, 2010 at 2:45 PM said...

Awwww it's great that your fab fairystory (that I really enjoyed too!) touched so many!! That's brilliant!! Well done you!

Good luck with inkpop!!! Hope you have a fab time there!

Have a great weekend too!

Take care
x

{ Lisa Potts } at: September 10, 2010 at 2:48 PM said...

Random CAPITALIZATION is MY LIFE, and those Green brothers? Awesome awesomeness.

{ Steph Sinkhorn } at: September 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM said...

Elena - MY APOLOGIES. I HOPE YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS AFFLICTION.

Kitty - Thank you so much! Like crack, I'm telling you. Haha.

Lisa - Aren't they just?

{ Janet Johnson } at: September 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM said...

E-mails like those are the best! Yay, yay, yay! It makes me happy thinking about it.

Have a fabulous weekend.

{ Stina Lindenblatt } at: September 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM said...

I get those Inkpop emails but I haven't checked out the site since last year. I guess maybe I should sometime. :)

{ Dangerous With a Pen } at: September 12, 2010 at 5:20 AM said...

Yay for happiness! I'll have to take a look at the links you mentioned - curses, more reasons to sit here in front of the computer! Congrats on the commenty compliment!

{ Dangerous With a Pen } at: September 12, 2010 at 5:20 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{ Shelley Sly } at: September 12, 2010 at 8:30 AM said...

Aww that's so great that your reader so thoroughly enjoyed your work! Good for you! :)

{ Brooke R. Busse } at: August 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM said...

Go Nerdfighteria!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius