Mash-Up Blogfest Nominees Announced! Please VOTE!

| Monday, October 4, 2010
My gosh, you guys don't make these blogfests easy, do you? THANKS FOR MAKING MY JOB SO HARD OMG.

I'm not really complaining :D I absolutely loved all the entries for this 'fest. The creativity and talent were fabulous, and I adore each and every one of you! Thanks for making my first blogfest awesome!

Alas, I could only select five nominees, and it was extremely difficult. I had to whittle it down to nitpicking for a lot of these. I ended up going with those that I felt were extraordinarily creative, with great characters and a few really good twists. Please keep in mind that my one opinion in no way, shape, or form dictates your worth as a writer. Keep writing! Read all the way to the end for your instructions on voting for the winners.

First, I'd like to give a few Honorable Mentions.

Honorable Mention #1: Christi Goddard, for a really intriguing look at the anonymity of the internet. Creeepy.

Honorable Mention #2: K.C. Robertson, for a sort of Dante's Inferno meets YA Romance. With a spunky narrator!

Honorable Mention #3: Arlee Bird, for an absolutely gorgeously written piece about Sasquatch, which was very unfortunately a few words over the limit.

And, without further ado, here are my "Top 5" nominee selections! In no particular order:

Elena Solodow, who mashed Cookbook and Horror... LOL

Eeleen Lee, who mashed Historical/Military and Science Fiction

JC Martin, who mashed Detective/Crime and Monster Horror

Emily White, who gave us a Steampunk Zombie Romance

and Tessa Conte, who mashed a Murder Mystery with Urban Fantasy

Again, it was SO HARD to select only five, but in the end, I had to do it. I loved each and every entry, and I love you all so much for putting them out there!

Now for the voting:

I've selected five nominees for the prizes, and now YOU, my readers, get to help me decide who wins the goodies! Please read each of the five nominated entries and post your votes here in the comments. Please vote as follows:

1.) First Choice
2.) Second Choice
3.) Third Choice

First Choice gets three points, Second Choice two points, and Third Choice one point. Whoever has the most points... well, you can figure it out ;)

Please vote! In the event of a tie, I'll be the tie-breaker. But please don't make me! This was hard enough, haha. Entrants, feel free to announce the open voting on your various social media outlets, but please don't suggest your readers vote for you in particular, of course!

A thousand thank yous to everyone who participated, read, and commented.

Voting will remain open for one week.

15 comments:

{ Christi Goddard } at: October 4, 2010 at 6:20 AM said...

Thanks for the honorable mention! I've gotta head to work soon, but I'll vote later when I get home. Thanks for the contest!

{ Emily White } at: October 4, 2010 at 7:00 AM said...

Yay! Thanks for the nomination, Steph! These are such great options, it's so hard to choose! But choose I must...

1. J.C. Martin
2. Tessa Conte
3. Elana Solodow

Good luck, everyone!

{ Mesmerix } at: October 4, 2010 at 7:11 AM said...

1. Elena Solodow

2. Emily White

3. JC Martin

{ Elena Solodow } at: October 4, 2010 at 7:15 AM said...

Thanks so much!

1) Emily White

2) Eeleen lee

3) JC Martin

{ aspiring_x } at: October 4, 2010 at 7:52 AM said...

oh my goodness maybe! the talent that came out to play!!! ugh! the choice was so hard! (i've changed the order like five times already!) i'll have to go with:

1.) Elena Solodow (cookbook? seriously that was amazing)

2.) Emily White (I laughed so hard, and wanted to read more!!)

3.) Tessa Conte (Dude! She made me enjoy a detective story with a mermaid! i don't usually like either! AND left me wanting more!!!)

These were all so WOW! I'm glad your blogfest was such a success!!! :) better hit the publish button before i change my mind again!

{ Old Kitty } at: October 4, 2010 at 8:18 AM said...

Hi!
When does voting end cos I've just printed the stories out to read on my way home tonight - I hope I;ve got time!

Yay for your blogfest!! Take care
x

{ Steph Sinkhorn } at: October 4, 2010 at 8:26 AM said...

No worries, Kitty, you have a week to get your votes in :)

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far!

{ Arlee Bird } at: October 4, 2010 at 7:40 PM said...

I don't like to have to make any ranking out of these, but I'll pick the three that fit my personal preference, although they were all very good.

1. Eeleen Lee

2. Elena Solodow

3. Emily White

Good luck to all.

Lee
Tossing It Out

{ Paul } at: October 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM said...

1. Tessa (crisp, unusual juxtaposition, kept me guessing)

2. Elena (clever, staccato construction builds suspense in a unique fashion)

3. Emily (Zombies aren't my favorite, but Emily gives them personality and human quirks)

Anonymous at: October 4, 2010 at 8:24 PM said...

1). Elena Solodow
2). Tessa Conte
3). JC Martin

{ Rachel Morgan } at: October 5, 2010 at 3:56 AM said...

Really enjoyed these :-)

1. Elena Solodow
2. Emily White
3. Eeleen Lee

{ J.C. Martin } at: October 5, 2010 at 7:54 AM said...

Wow, I'm honoured just to be nominated alongside all these great pieces!

1. Emily White
2. Eeleen Lee
3. Tessa Conte

{ Brandi G. } at: October 5, 2010 at 8:59 AM said...

Awesome stories! So hard to choose!

1. Tessa Conte
2. Elena Solodow
3. Emily White

{ Kim } at: October 5, 2010 at 10:18 AM said...

These were all so fun to read! Here are my votes:
1) Tessa Conte
2) Elena Solodow
3) Eeleen Lee

Thanks for the honorable mention! You are so awesome for hosting this blogfest - so much fun :D

{ Old Kitty } at: October 5, 2010 at 12:06 PM said...

Awww they were all brilliant!! I had such fun reading them on my way home! Normally I fall asleep but these stories just kept me going!! FANTASTIC READ!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Gosh - so here are my votes:
1)Elena Solodow
2)JC Martin
3)Eelen Lee

Take care
x

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius