Tweet Your Scary Microfic to #hallowfic!

| Monday, October 18, 2010
Today's Tune: Everyday

AAAAARGH HOW DO MY WEEKENDS GET AWAY FROM ME LIKE THIS.

I apologize for the lack of EPIC CONTENT lately, guys. I keep telling myself I've got to shape up and post something SUPER AWESOME, and then before I know it it's 9PM and I'm staring at a blank entry form going OLHSD*^FP^{(#*Y%({ YT(EGSDHGHUW*)&^$(TYGOHG.

Yes, that is the sound I make when I'm stressed/frustrated.

BUT ANYWAY. I do have a few things.

1.) I am going to another SCBWI conference this weekened! This is my local chapter's conference, and it's just one day, but I'm sure it will prove to be awesome. I'm having a manuscript critique this time around, which will hopefully be enlightening. I will take lots of notes. Since I'll be there with authors, editors and agents, are there any questions you'd like me to ask should the opportunity arise? I WILL DO IT FOR YOU!

2.) If you are on Twitter, you must help me spread the word about the following, because I want it to spread like wildfire across the writing blogosphere. Let's have a scary story Twitter party from now until Halloween! Here's what I want you to do: Tweet scary/gross/funny/creepy stories in 130 characters or less along with the hashtag #hallowfic. Then, tell all your friends to do the same. And we will have a party! And we will creep each other out and make each other laugh with our awesome stories! And it will be fantastic! EXCLAMATION!

P.S. I was going to go with the hashtag #microween, but after polling a few acquaintances, I realized I wasn't alone in thinking it might be confused with small penises. So we'll go with #hallowfic.

Go forth and spread the word! I want to see your scary tweets. We have two weeks. Do it do it do it!

And I will see you again on Wednesday, mis amigos :D

2 comments:

{ Old Kitty } at: October 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM said...

Good luck with your manuscript critiquing!! That's just brilliant!!

I can't think of any questions to ask - sorry but I do look forward to reading how the conference went!

Yay for the scary twitter party! I don't tweet so erm.. I'm not much good at all here! :-)

Take care
x

{ Lisa Potts } at: October 18, 2010 at 3:42 PM said...

Yay! I love twitfic and Halloween. I will tweet away. Oh, and your description of #microween? Best laugh I've had all day.

Have fun at the conference!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius