Mark Reads/Watches

| Monday, March 28, 2011
Today's Tune: Be Prepared

I missed my post on Friday - sorry about that! I took a trip to San Francisco with my boyfriend for our 3-year anniversary. It was niiiiiice. We had Dynamo Donuts and Humphrey Slocombe ice cream and walked around the Mission District and Chinatown and Union Square and saw a show and generally had a lot of fun. But! Now I'm back :)

So, we all have our little internet distractions, and for the last several months, Mark Reads and Mark Watches have been one of mine. The premise: he reads books and watches TV shows one chapter/episode at a time, then shares his thoughts. He only reads/watches things he hasn't done before, so he has a very strict no spoiler policy. They're very addicting blogs to read, especially because he keeps insisting on doing books/shows that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, and his infectious enthusiasm always makes me smile. A lot of the reviews are funny and silly, but he also occasionally goes really in-depth with his analysis. He's currently reading The Book Thief, which is one of my favorite books in recent memory. Check him out if you haven't yet!

Though, fair warning, he is very liberal in his use of profanity. Just FYI.

Of course we should all be writing, but... a little fun time doesn't hurt. A LITTLE. What internet distractions have you been enjoying?

2 comments:

{ Old Kitty } at: March 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM said...

I'm all for distractions! :-)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Take care
x

{ fairyhedgehog } at: March 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! (A bit late, but still.)

You sound like you're having fun. I'll check out this Mark guy.

My main internet distractions are to do with my recent rediscovery and subsequent obsession with crocheting. It's a bit of a niche market!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius