YA!Flash and a Blog Award

| Friday, August 12, 2011
Today's Tune: Nobody Dances Anymore

Good news, everyone! The YA Flash tumblog is off to a great start. If you're on Tumblr, you should follow along for your daily YA fix. Spread the word!

Several people sent an award my way this week (thank you Margo, Charlee, and Megan!), which gave me a big case of the warm fuzzies. This is the Libester Blog award, which is bestowed to awesome blogs with less than 200 followers.


The rules of the award are:

   1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
   2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
   3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
   4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
   5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!

I have to admit, I kind of hate having to pass an award forward, because I always feel like I'll miss somebody or make someone feel bad, so I usually prefer not to do it. But because I like the idea behind this award, which is to highlight some great blogs with smaller followings, I'll try it out.

My first pick is Ms. Phoebe North, who is bright and funny and recently agented. Her blog posts are always thought-provoking and intelligent, and she writes some stellar book reviews. She's never afraid to be honest, and she's always professional.

Next up is Brooke Busse, who is one of my current lovely critique partners. She posts a lot of original work she writes from various prompts. They're always clever and fun to read. A great out-of-the-box thinker, and a promising young writer.

Emy Shin is another critique partner. She writes YA and is currently working on a speculative novel with a really cool time travel premise. Keep an eye on her!

I know they already got a nudge this week, but I'll throw out Wicked and Tricksy, as well. W and T is a fabulous group blog exclusively dedicated to speculative fiction (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, etc.). The posts are helpful, and every week they feature a different guest poster. If you write spec fiction, you should check them out.

And... unfortunately I can't pick a fifth blogger because the Follower tracker apparently went poof, so I can't tell who has less than 200 followers. Ugh. So, go ahead and pick someone from the comments section of this post to visit!

I'm off for a weekend of food, wine, art, and music at Outside Lands in San Francisco and it's going to be awesoooooome. No post on Monday, because I will be completely bushed. I'll be back in action on Wednesday. Have an awesome weekend!



5 comments:

{ Old Kitty } at: August 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM said...

Yay for your fab award!!!!!

I'm yet too understand tumblr..! LOL!

Take care
x

{ Emy Shin } at: August 12, 2011 at 12:43 PM said...

Congrats on the award, and thanks for gifting it to me! <33

Also, your manuscript: Will definitely get sent back today. I'm almost done. Sorry for the wait!

{ martha } at: August 12, 2011 at 9:37 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{ Brooke R. Busse } at: August 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM said...

Oooh, thank you, Steph. ^^ By the way, I'm really starting to get into your book. I hope I'll have time to finish it in the next week. (At least the first read through.)

{ Stina Lindenblatt } at: August 15, 2011 at 6:48 PM said...

Congrats on the award. Emy definitely deserves it. I think her query is on the WriteOnCon forum. I'll have to check it out. :D

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius