Odds & Ends: Favorite Posts

| Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Today's Tune: Marry Me

To start us off: I'm sorry I haven't been around to many other blogs lately! I got swept up in doing a billion things this past week. I'll try to make it up to you guys this weekend.

Next: You should all go check out Book Riot! My dear friend Dr. B will be blogging about her thoughts on YA from time to time, and she's got some pretty great thoughts. Being a literature professor who teaches YA in her classes and all. There's also a lot of great non-YA commentary, as well.

Last: Everyone should go bid a fond farewell and say thank you to the fabulous Margo Lerwill, who is shuttering the doors of her wonderful blog for personal and professional reasons. She's leaving the blog accessible to all who might want to learn from it, and you should definitely swing by if you haven't. There are some great lessons to be had.

Margo also bestowed a very nice award upon me in her last entry, so I thought I'd end with that today. I don't usually post many awards on my blog because I REALLY HATE having to choose recipients, although I'm always very flattered to receive them. Still, I liked the style of this one. So here it is.

Now I'm supposed to link to seven posts from my blog for various categories, so... here we go.

Most Beautiful: Oof, this is a tough question. I guess I could read this two ways. The post where I felt something especially beautiful happened to me - winning the YA runner-up spot for the Katherine Paterson Prize - and the post that I feel is one of my strongest pieces of flash - Language Barriers.

Most Helpful: Um. I write a lot of posts in which I attempt to be helpful, heh. But I suppose based on pure popularity, my Common Cliches series has been helpful. Or at least entertaining. Also, my Query Doctor post! Hint hint send me your querieeeessss.

Most Popular: The post in which I did a character study of Doctor Who, by far. TONS of traffic to that entry. GOSH I WONDER WHY (*cough David Tennant cough*).

Most Controversial: I'm not excessively controversial, but I suppose my Rape is Not a Plot Point post sort of qualifies. Even though I'm not sure who would argue with me about it, but y'know. This is the internet. My On Rating Books post got slightly heated in comments, but that's about as much heated argument as my little blog's ever seen. THAT WAS NOT AN INVITATION FOR MORE. PLZ NO.

Most Successful: Not sure how to qualify this, but I'd probably have to say the Common Cliches series again, as well as my IT'S A TRAP! series.

Most Underrated: As far as an entry that I was especially pleased with but didn't seem to get a lot of attention, probably Becoming An Artist: Blundering vs. Style.

Most Prideworthy: Any of my flash fiction. I take pride in writing actual stories to (hopefully) entertain.

I know I'm supposed to pick recipients for this award, but... yeah, again with the hating to do that. So I'm going to cheat and say if you comment on this blog post, YOU ARE WORTHY OF THIS AWARD AND YOU SHOULD TAKE IT FOR BEING AWESOME :)

4 comments:

{ kirstenlopresti } at: October 5, 2011 at 6:26 AM said...

I didn't know you won the Katherine Paterson Prize. That's awesome! Congratulations!

{ Mindy McGinnis } at: October 5, 2011 at 7:30 AM said...

Hmmm... that's a fantastic list of questions there! I may swipe this idea for my own blog - consider it passed along!

{ prerna pickett } at: October 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM said...

I will be sending you my query later today!

{ aliya seen } at: May 9, 2017 at 1:24 AM said...

The personal statement review help you in all sorts of paper and writing services and is made up of professional writers and editors who are experienced and highly skilled in making existing statements sound better.

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius