2011 In Review

| Friday, December 30, 2011
Today's Tune: Movie Loves a Screen

So, 2011 was a pretty big year for me. Many things happened. I mean, many things happen every year, but this year was especially full of large, potentially life-changing events.

In January, I decided that I was going to completely scrap the then-draft that was TICK-TOCK and write it over from scratch. I sat down and focused on what I wanted to happen, what I wanted to convey, and how I was going to accomplish that. I became A Planner.

In late March, I decided to leave my job at the time, which I loved, for personal reasons. It was a tough decision, but not one I regret. Six months of unemployment followed. That was the rough part. Still, I made it through.

I wrote. A lot.

I went to Outside Lands for the first time and saw many awesome bands and hung out with one of my best friends and it was fabulous.

I saw another one of my best friends get married.

I wrote a lot more. Then I edited. Then I let people who weren't in my family read a full-length manuscript I had written for the first time and I asked them for their feedback.

My boyfriend, my love, and my partner in crime proposed to me and I became a fiancee.

I got a new job with some great coworkers that I enjoy very much. I get to do good and interesting work on a regular basis.

I attended WriteOnCon and had an awesome experience.

I finished TICK-TOCK and dipped my toes into the querying waters for the very first time. I was terrified. It was worth it.

I ate a lot of good food, drank a lot of good wine, and spent time with a lot of great people.

I struggled with feelings of inadequacy, ineptitude, and general lameness.

I felt lonely. I felt sad. I felt overjoyed.

I made several large steps toward my goal of becoming a published author. I kept up this blog. I finally became okay with calling myself an author.

All in all, I can't say I have many complaints about this year. There were some lows, but there were an awful lot of highs, and that's where I'm choosing to put my heart.

It's been a wonderful year, everyone. Thank you for spending it with me. I'm always so happy, so grateful, that you choose to take time out of your busy lives and give me a little part of yourselves. You are wonderful.

Here's to all of the big things yet to come in 2012. Happy New Year!


9 comments:

{ vic caswell (aspiring-x) } at: December 30, 2011 at 6:59 AM said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR MAYBE!!!!!
i'm so happy for all the greatness that happened in your life this year!
i hope 2012 is EVEN MORE full of wonder!

{ Miss Cole } at: December 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM said...

Sounds like one heck of a 2011 for you! Good luck in 2012!!!

{ Emily White } at: December 30, 2011 at 7:35 AM said...

Yay for a great 2011! I hope you have an even better 2012!!

Michelle W at: December 30, 2011 at 8:30 AM said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful year and that our family was able to be apart of that!! We love and miss you guys tons!
Have a happy and prosperous New Year!!

{ prerna pickett } at: December 30, 2011 at 9:04 AM said...

wishing you an amazing 2012! I hope to pick up Tick Tock from a bookstore someday soon.

{ Old Kitty } at: December 30, 2011 at 11:08 AM said...

Oh SE Sinkhorn!! What a wild and amazing year you've had! Changing jobs, querying most successfully (OH YOU SO DID IT!!! HOOORAH!), getting engaged... amazing, amazing!!

Here's to a most wonderful 2012 for you! Take care
x

{ White List } at: December 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM said...

You have an amazing blog! I love how you have such a different perspective on things!!! Look forward to seeing more. Happy New Year in advance!

the-white-list.blogspot.com

{ Amanda Olivieri } at: January 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM said...

Wow, talk about a blessing in disguise with the 6 months of unemployment! What a great year it turned out to be. I'm excited to see what comes next for you :) Happy new year!

{ fairyhedgehog } at: January 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM said...

It sounds like a good year; or you made it into a good year by your own efforts is more like!

I hope this coming year is just as good or better for you.

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius