My Top 5 Writing Albums of 2011

| Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Hellooooooo. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday! I did. There was lots of family and friends and laughter and... wine. So much wine.

Anyway, the year's kind of winding down, so I don't have a lot of things lined up for the blog. Today I thought I'd just post something I've seen circulating around the blogs lately: my Top 5 Writing Albums from this year. I figure, hey, I like music, you like music, we all like music. So I'm sharing my writing inspiration albums with you. Hope you like them :)

In no particular order:

1. Sigh No More, Mumford & Sons


Little Lion Man was inspiration for a major scene in TICK-TOCK.



2. The String Quartet Tribute to Coheed and Cambria


I love the original band/album, but I found this instrumental tribute album to be awesome for writing. Viva la Coheed.



3. Barton Hollow, The Civil Wars


There's just so much rich story material here. Love the folk/rock/country vibe.



4. Doctor Who Series 5 Soundtrack, Murray Gold


Come on, I write nerdy science fiction/steampunk. Of course this fits perfectly.



5. Middle Cyclone, Neko Case


I was apparently on a big folk/alt rock and instrumental kick this year. This album felt like a bunch of stories in song form to me. Loved it.




5 comments:

{ Old Kitty } at: December 28, 2011 at 5:41 AM said...

Yay!! Dr Who!! I know Dr Who! Well I watch the programme on the telly! Loved the Christmas Special!! And knowing 1 out of 5 here is pretty good for me! LOL! Now for more wine! take care
x

{ Kelley } at: December 28, 2011 at 6:56 AM said...

I know one out of five too! Love writing soundtracks :)

{ Brooke R. Busse } at: December 28, 2011 at 1:11 PM said...

I can definitely see how "Little Lion Man" inspired TICK-TOCK.

{ prerna pickett } at: December 28, 2011 at 9:42 PM said...

wow, I loved all of those. But mumford and sons and the civil wars are on my playlists for various projects.

{ TL Conway } at: January 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM said...

So glad to see The Civil Wars on your list. I finally picked up the album before the holidays and listened to it through most of Illinois on my return drive home. Great, GREAT album.

I love this top 5 albums idea--I'm getting a lot of great material!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius