Interesting YA & Kidlit Links for Wednesday

| Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Uuuuuuuuuummmm I did not plan a post for today. Whoops.

So here are some links! Go read!

Thank YA is all sparkles and paranormal hunks? Read about these YA books covered in several top-shelf publications. Also be sure to check out this very thoughtful article on whether speculative YA is formulaic or inventive.

My agent-sister Kate Hart has done it again with her popular YA deals posts. Here are Part I and Part II, complete with charts illustrating the breakdown of YA deals from the past year.

And here's a post about gender roles in children's literature!

Enjoy. Have an awesome Wednesday, dudes :)




1 comments:

{ Rachel } at: March 21, 2012 at 5:08 PM said...

Thanks for the links, Steph. Especially that pie chart - I am a contemporary YA lover and its so exciting to see that a ton of it sold. :-D I'm a new blogger and stumbled upon yours. I read and loved all of your popular posts and I also love that you are honest in your blogging. I think the idea of your book sounds AH-MAZING! I love steampunk and I am excited for it to get a deal. (Uh, unless I'm a dolt and it already has one? if so. . .eeep! sorry)

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius