Lucky Number Sleven Seven

| Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Today's Tune: Devil Inside

I don't usually do memes, because I haaaaate having to pick recipients (THE PRESSURE AAARGH), but this one's kind of fun. My lovely critique partner Brooke tagged me.

I can't really share an excerpt from TICK-TOCK, but I can share from one of my current WIPs. Neither are up to 77 pages yet, so I went with page 7 of the manuscript.


ZE RULES

1.) Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP.
2.) Go to line 7.
3.) Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating.
4.) Tag 7 authors.
5.) Let them know.

So... here we go. From Page 7 of THE SEA BLEEDS SALT.


Mr. Collins points at me, hate in his eyes. “You better watch your smartass daughter, Dusyai. I have half a mind to lock her out if she’s even a second past curfew again.”

“Half a mind is right,” I say.

Maya,” my parents say together this time.

I shut up and Collins points the muzzle of his gun at the girl. She’s surprisingly calm, staring into the barrel like there’s nothing in there that could possibly frighten her.


There you go! Fun times. Guns and whatnot. As far as tagging, I'm marking the seven most recent followers of my blog. Here they are:

1.) Leigh Covington
2.) Jessica Salyer
3.) Fiona
4.) Emily
5.) Suzi
6.) Linda
7.) M.C. Eging


5 comments:

{ Old Kitty } at: April 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM said...

Oooh nice!! Very nice!! Love Maya already!! Yay! take care
x

{ Brooke R. Busse } at: April 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM said...

I knew you would have something amazing. :) I have so many questions though that's beside the point when you consider the beautiful writing.

{ Leigh Covington } at: April 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM said...

Oooh, fun! Love your lines and thanks for the tag! I appreciate it! Always good to share the love! :)

{ linda } at: April 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM said...

Awesome excerpt! Love it.

Thanks for the tag. I'd totally participate if I'd ever gotten past page 77 on a WIP! LOL :P

{ Suzi } at: April 29, 2012 at 7:04 AM said...

Thanks for the tag.

I did it before so I posted my link back to that again today. I hate finding people for it too, so my lucky 7 post tagged and linked people who'd already done it. (Lazy, but oh well.) It was hard to find many who hadn't.

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius