On Being Me

| Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Today's Tune: 32 Flavors

There have been many times throughout my life where I've wished to be anyone but myself.

Sometimes I want to be the quiet one. The studious one who's made of smarts and clever ideas. Who cares not for the ins and outs of social cues, but only for the world in her own mind.

Sometimes I want to be the bold one. The one who does not give any of the fucks and who isn't afraid to tell you that your bullshit is getting on her last nerve.

Sometimes I want to be the activist. I want to care so deeply and be so brave that I would give everything I have to cross oceans and warzones to make a real difference.

Sometimes I want to be the beautiful one. That effortless being that floats through a room and commands everyone's attention without even trying.

Sometimes I LIKE to work on my bitch face.

Sometimes I want to lose myself in a book and not have to worry about this dinner or that party.

Sometimes I want to be the life of THAT PARTY.

Sometimes I want to scream and cry and rage and tell you to fuck off when you tell me to calm down.

And then there are times, when the world feels right and the storm twisting inside my chest settles...

Those times...

Sometimes...

Just sometimes...

The only person I want to be...

is me. And that's where my happiness lives.

What about you?


4 comments:

{ Whirlochre } at: April 18, 2012 at 8:25 AM said...

I think Walt Whitman had it right when he said he "contained multitudes".

As long as we don't get lost off on being shallow flibbertigibbets, flexibility and versatility are blessings.

But try putting that on a T shirt...

{ Old Kitty } at: April 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM said...

I like Whirl's t-shirt suggestion (this man should patent "fibbertigibbets"!)LOL!

Oh I love me! LOL! Flawed, imperfect, silly, sometimes stupid, very lazy, extremely slow, spends too much money like there's no tomorrow, judgmental, "vants to be alone" and left alone, mooody, flirty, mad cat woman of her street...! Aren't I fab?!? LOL!

You're lovely as you are! Take care
x

{ Rachel } at: April 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM said...

I'm here to say. Love. 32 flavors.
<3

{ We Heart YA } at: April 19, 2012 at 5:57 AM said...

Heh, we totally identify. It's pretty normal to want to be all sorts of different, contradictory things - to long for different, contradictory lives. Or at least, it's normal for writers! That's why we live in our imaginations so much, isn't it? ;)

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius