And back again.

| Monday, May 21, 2012
Today's Tune: Young & Lovely

Aaaaaaand I'm back. Feels like it's been a while! I don't exactly have a grand re-entrance planned, so I'll just sit here and give you a finger-waggle wave. Hi guys! I missed you! I enjoyed my break. I went here.

Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada

I went lots of other places as well, but this was an obvious highlight. It was my first time in Vegas, and I'm not going to lie, most of it isn't really my scene. I'm not really the walk-among-millions-and-drink-till-I-can-barely-walk sort. I'm more of the find-a-quiet-place-to-watch-the-stars-with-a-glass-of-wine type. Still, there were a few things that stuck out and caught my eye.

Dancing water. Hanging flowers. Paths of colored tile. Costumed ballerinas flying through the air and fighting with swords. Tiny plates of food with more flavor than everything I normally eat in a week. Lights shining gold-crystal-crimson-iceblue into the sky.

That sort of thing.

Outside my desert adventures, I've mainly been resting my brainbox. How's everyone else been doing? Get me all up to speed! I'll try to have something a little more substantial for you on Wednesday ;)


6 comments:

{ Old Kitty } at: May 21, 2012 at 5:16 AM said...

Welcome baaaaaaaaack!!!! Am finger waggle waving to you too (I think I got that term right! LOL!)!!

Oh wow! Las Vegas!! It sounds like it's lived up to the myth! I mean dancing water..!!

Take care
x

{ Dracula } at: May 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM said...

I wasn't aware a light could be gold, crystal, crimson and iceblue at the same time. Maybe gold and crimson. And maybe crimson and iceblue. And I think crystal could pair up with any one or two of those. But all at the same time? Together? At once? You're putting us on!

{ prerna pickett } at: May 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM said...

vegas isn't my scene either. I get sick every time we go. I think it's all the smoke and heat, not my thing. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed yourself. They have some pretty good shows there.

{ Emy Shin } at: May 22, 2012 at 1:46 PM said...

Welcome back, Steph! :)

I imagine Vegas wouldn't be for my painfully shy and quiet self, either, but I'm glad you found things you appreciated about it.

{ We Heart YA } at: May 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM said...

Welcome back! Yeah, Vegas isn't for everyone, but there are some great shows (like, EVERY Cirque de Soleil production ever).

Not too much going on here. Just writing and reading and trying not to melt as summer approaches... :P

{ TL Conway } at: May 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM said...

What Cirque show did you see? The ballerinas w/swords sounds very much like the one we went to in March. I was with Nicole from Write Me a World and we saw the Ruby Rodd look alike at the theater and now I can't remember the name of the show! Silly tired brain... Anyway. All of that to say that I thought of you at that show b/c of The 5th Element, which Nicole loved as well. We all had a moment. Kinda.

Never mind. WELCOME BACK!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius