Soundings Review - Call for Submissions

| Monday, November 12, 2012
Today's Tune: Goodnight, Fair Lady

Hey dudes! I'm going to be popping back in with updates. I'm aiming for my usual 3x a week, but it may be a little more sporadic than usual. Life and stuff!

I was recently contacted by the editor at a literary magazine, who asked me if I'd update my master list of YA literary magazines with their publication. So I did that, and I'm also letting all my lovely YA writers and readers know about their call for submissions. Here's the information I received from the editor, Mureall Hébert:

"Soundings Review, a bi-annual publication in conjunction with the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts MFA program, publishes poetry, fiction, children/young adult, and prose, including essays and interviews. Deadlines: January 1, 2013 – for the Spring/Summer issue; May 1, 2013 – for the Fall/Winter issue. Guidelines can be found at: www.nila.edu/soundings/submissions/"

I originally started my master list of YA lit mags because I was having a difficult time finding magazine publications that would take submissions from YA writers who are older than 23 (there are a lot of magazines out there that publish teen fiction, but apparently only if you're college-age or younger). This was back when I was looking for places to have my short work published, which would ideally give me writing credits for when I was querying. I did end up publishing with Hunger Mountain, which gave me a nice shiny credit, so I think it was worth it! I hope other writers can find similar use for the list.

See you Wednesday, I hope!

4 comments:

{ Stephanie Ingrid Sarah Kristan } at: November 12, 2012 at 5:25 AM said...

Oh, thanks for updating the list! And for calling attention to it. Somehow we never noticed it (although now we see that it is clearly sitting in your popular posts box, doh).

{ JeffO } at: November 12, 2012 at 5:34 AM said...

Thanks for the tip, nice to see you back.

{ Old Kitty } at: November 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM said...

Thanks for the info - great to know there are publications out there willing to take a chance on the over 21s! :-) take care
x

{ Brooke R. Busse } at: November 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM said...

Ooh. I'm definitely going to check this out and your list too! Thanks, Steph. :)

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius