Tumblr Rants & New Years

| Monday, December 31, 2012
Today's Tune: Auld Lang Syne

LAST DAY OF 2012, YOU GUYS. IT'S HERE. I don't have a big post planned for today, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to extend a huge thank you to all of my followers, new and old, for hanging around and commenting and generally being an absolute delight. There's such a variety of spunk and brilliance and optimism in my comments, and it never fails to make me smile. This has been a strange and eventful year for me in its own way, and I look forward to seeing what 2013 has in store.

In case you missed it this weekend, I got annoyed with rants in the YA Lit tags on Tumblr, so I wrote a rant of my own, which got reblogged by the likes of Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson and Malinda Lo and Nova Ren Suma and many, many other people. Which made me feel both pleased and absolutely terrified. If you're in the mood to see me pick apart flimsy arguments and get snarky, give it a read.

I'm going to be spending the evening sipping some sparkling wine with my love and probably watching Mumford & Sons and talking about how much our lives have changed and stayed the same this year. I wish all of you a wonderful new year and all of the joy to be had in 2013.

Kisses.


8 comments:

{ Cristina } at: December 31, 2012 at 5:23 AM said...

have an awesome time celebrating!!! I don't usually comment, but I want you to know, your blog is one of my FAVORITE reads. I appreciate how thoughtful and critical you are, and always feel a tiny bit smarter when I'm done reading your posts :)

cheers to an amazing 2013

{ Old Kitty } at: December 31, 2012 at 5:37 AM said...

Hah! I don't even know what "YA lit tags on tumblr" mean! LOL!! Oh I am too old! LOL!!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR lovely S.E.!!!! All the best for your 2013!! Take care
x

{ JeffO } at: December 31, 2012 at 6:22 AM said...

Great rant. Happy New Year!

{ .jessica. } at: December 31, 2012 at 6:32 AM said...

Like Cristina above, I'm not usually a commenter, but your blog is one of my absolute faves. Your thoughtful posts have made me a better reader and writer, so thank you!

Also, epic and brilliant rant. Loved it.

Happy New Year!

{ Kristin Lenz } at: December 31, 2012 at 6:46 AM said...

Fun that your rant got spread around - you struck a nerve! Happy New Year!

{ S.E. Sinkhorn } at: December 31, 2012 at 7:40 AM said...

Love my followers forever :D Thank you all so much!

{ Stephanie Ingrid Sarah Kristan } at: December 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM said...

Sounds awesome, and YAY for cool people retweeting/reblogging/hyping up your post. :D

Here's a very happy 2013 for us all!

{ linda } at: January 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM said...

Congrats on the awesome reblogs for your rant! :D Love your posts, and happy new year!

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius