Put Down the ChocoVine Book

| Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Today's Tune: Jolene

Oh my gosh, one follower away from 400, YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME. Killing me with ~*love*~ omg thank you for following my rambles!

I don't have too many thoughts today. Mostly I have this picture that I took at the market:


In case you can't make it out, it is ChocoVine. If you are unaware of ChocoVine, consider yourself lucky, because it is chocolate and red wine and CREAM in a bottle. For consumption. Together. Plus occasional food coloring to turn it a sickish Pepto-Bismal pink god what is that.

I happen to live in Northern California wine country, so one might call me a little bit of a snob when it comes to wine, but SERIOUSLY GET THIS ABOMINATION OUT OF MY WINE AISLE GROSS GROSS GROSS FOUL AND GROSS. Like, if you are looking to save money, there is wonderful wine to be had on the cheap. Swearsies. DO NOT STOOP TO THIS. Two-Buck Chuck is better and I am not joking. Students, take note. Buy Charles Shaw. Do not buy hot pink wine. Hot pink wine is usually bad. And it will give you headaches.

Now watch as I turn this into a weird and confusing literary metaphor *hand flourish*

Sometimes blending styles or genres or voices or otherwise being experimental can turn into an exquisite work of amazingness. Much like tasting a lovely wine alongside a selection of chocolates, the flavors can blend into something new, unexpected, and delicious. It is from experimentation and breaks from the expected that some of the best art emerges.

And then there is ChocoVine.

Moral: do not throw a bunch of stuff people supposedly like into a manuscript willy-nilly and then shake it up and sell it for $12.99 because lol are you kidding me.

It's okay to mess up. That happens to all of us (it happens to me all the time). Certain things sound awesome inside your head, and then you try to put them on paper and they end up looking like the weakest hot chocolate disaster in existence. The point is, if you end up with ChocoVine, go back and try again. The next time, or the time after that, it may turn out beautifully. It'll be the best wine-and-chocolate anyone's ever tasted.

But seriously, put the ChocoVine back. Please.

I am obviously feeling ~*very deep*~ today.

2 comments:

{ A.J. Frey } at: January 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM said...

Ha! A friend of mine showed up at a party with this monstrosity. It doesn't taste like wine at all. (Yes, I tasted it. It has alcohol.) More like just a spiked Yoohoo. Anything more than a sip and you will instantly have a headache.

Timely post. I am being a bit experimental with my newest WIP. As of right now, loving it. But let's check back in a few months. :-)

{ Lydia Sharp } at: January 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM said...

Thanks for the laugh! And the tip. Love you. <3

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius