Write a #hallowfic and win a book!

| Wednesday, October 16, 2013



Write a spooky microfiction story and win a book!

Yes, I'm still trying to make fetch happen. This is a little for-fun pet project I’ve been trying to get to happen for like three Octobers now. Here’s the deal: if you’re on Twitter, you should write lots of creepy and funny and freaky and silly Halloween-esque stories and tag them #hallowfic. On November 1st, I will pick my favorite and buy that person A BOOK! Preferably a YA or spooky (or both) book, but I’ll buy whatever book you’re craving.

Some rules:

1) Jerkbag stories will not even be considered. These include any stories/tweets in which you are being a jerk, which include anything oppressive, rapey, or just generally shitty. And yes, I get to be the judge of that. IT’S MY CONTEST I DO WHAT I WANT.

2) As long as you’re not breaking rule one and the story is reasonably Halloween/”scary story” themed, anything goes. Be super funny or scary as hell. Whatever you like.

3) I’d like to keep this to Twitter, but I *will* also be checking the #hallowfic tag on Tumblr if you don’t have Twitter. The only rule here is that you have to stick to the MICROfiction part of this game. You get 140 characters. That’s it!

4) I’d prefer to buy you an ebook since it’s easier all around for purchase and delivery, but if you really want a physical book, I’ll be happy to oblige.

I think that about covers it. Spread this far and wide! Have fun!

1 comments:

{ fairyhedgehog } at: October 31, 2013 at 2:39 AM said...

That's a very generous competition! If I can get Tweetdeck to work I'll have a look at the entries. Or maybe I'll just have to use plain old Twitter; ever since I reset my password things have been strange.

Post a Comment

Hi. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Let's be friends.

 

Copyright © 2010 maybe genius